Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lesson learnt-You could ruin an opportunity by talking too much

Hello!.

 So today I told my family the story of ex-mr. My brother was furious and called me all sort of names. I cried and continue to switch off the phone. Spoke to my mentor who encouraged me to hold on as I deserve much better. I understand why my family is outrage because na me take hand spoil family relationship. How do I mean you say? Well I have learnt never to discuss family matter with anyone not even fiance until you are married. More so, despite being married or single, always hold your family members and friends in high esteem in front of anyone.

You see I have a family friend who has taken it upon herself to cater to my every need to ease the responsibility on my parents. This friend goes as far as paying all my bills and giving me extra kudi to hold. Thing is, we have a great close relationship even with the kids and all. So, when ex-mr came on the scene, being that i was single for (x-years), I told my family friend about him. This friend was so excited that she paid his ticket to come visit me, she calls him,  they were close like siblings. She even cried when we had problems. So, when cater cater bust during my relationship with ex-mr, he called up my family friend and told her and her husband everything I told him in confidence about the family out of sheer concern. I wasn't even aware of it even when me and him settled and decided to work on the relationship. So for weeks I noticed my family friend was acting strange towards me. Then one day, she called me and asked about the relationship. I said oh we are back together taking it one day at a time; then she said she has been avoiding me for a reason she knows I wasn't aware of. Well, she told me everything the ex-mr said to her, she was disgusted and embarrassed. She mentioned that the ticket money was suppose to be for other stuffs because she lied about it. But the ex-mr told the husband everything. I was like oh WOW! ^_^ (shouting in my head CHINEKENAM OH!).

You know I was so shocked that I didn't speak to him throughout the day. So, when I asked ex-mr, he said oh it was out of anger (ladies and gentle men dont marry an angry person oh!you deserve better else he/she will ruin your life even if you clock 40year still single dont do it out of desperation, you will regret because you are better off single than staying with an angry man/woman. What if he/she gets out of control someday and choke you to death nko? you will say because my clock was ticking so I had to tick back abi? ok na). Then the blame shifted to me saying how come I didn't call him up immediately blah blah. I said how will you miss such info, you didnt tell me till about two weeks later?? He said sorry but continue to blame me and set new rules of always clarifying with him before making conclusions (ladies and gent be cautious when the blame shifts to you, a wrong the other person did, that is MANIPULATION). I said okay fair enough and apologized (mumuism number 1). Abusers manipulate you and always make you feel sorry.

Thing is, my family friend stop talking to me, and my family wasn't aware as they have been friends with my parents for over 20+ years.

Worst thing was, because my family was experiencing financial difficulty, this family friend decided to pay a loan off on my behalf so I could graduate and get a job then repay later. But with ex-mr's anger being his cheerleader,  that opportunity, well I dunno. I am hoping and praying for God to make a way. With regards to the loan payment, my parents were not aware that this family friend was taken that burden to do it.

Now that they are aware of what was said and how my relationship with someone who is so close to us has scattered, we keep praying God in his infinite mercy will touch their hearts to forgive me. I do not want the loan, all I want is my relationship with my family friend restored.

I got the opportunity to attend a bridal shower today woohooo! it was fun, most of the advice I got as a single lady there was, dont rush into marriage oh, else you will rush out (LOL, i was picturing how rats run in and out of the house after stealing). Take your time. My pastor says, dont ask God for a sign to know if a man/woman is the one for you because you will open your thoughts to other spirits to confuse you. I was like cool stuff.

Till next time people. I hope everyone is learning, if not for yourself but for a family or friend.. Note the signs, I was taught the signs of abusive relationship in school, I work with people in them, I thought I knew it all. But hey, the hunter sometimes becomes the hunted.. So set your traps well..

P.s ex-mr is still texting and calling ^-^. Another strategy is not to read the text nor listen to the voicemails so that my emotions dont play tricks on me to pity him and take him back. I do pray God helps him and he should refrain from stalking my friends on facebook o-O...

P.s.s I am doing well, I wen to church, this blog is my personal diary so I am coping well. A friend said she hopes I made  the right decision. LOL really? oh yes I did

Como stats my followers.. Be blessed.. Have a great week ahead...pass on the message

12 comments:

  1. Wow....that was a bitch ass move. Calling them up and telling them things you told him in confidence. I'm glad you are learning and teaching us too. If you think u made the right decision, then you did! Don't let anyone make you second guess yourself. If the relationship had problems before marriage, the problem will be there after marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhhmmmm. I just started following you and I am really enjoying your blog. Thanks for the lessons you are teaching us through you experience.
    Please, keep holding on, God's will for your life will surely come to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.... Nne, this your blog/diary needs to be out there more o. Your message no be small thing. I'm sharing with my sisters asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Na wa oh! Really? But you thought he was your friend. Gosh, having friends can be dangerous oh. Still, it's okay kay?

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog! :)


    Adiya
    http://thecornershopng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a very strong - and brave - lady

    I wish more young girls open their eyes when they are drowning in love.

    I'm following you so I'll be back. Thanks for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, what kinda guy is that? i though it's only females that gossip. I'm glad he's out of your life now. Dont take him back cos u deserve better!
    goodluck with mending your relationship with the family friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Madame Sting, thanks for visiting, u are welcome. Thanks for the advise;)

    @ilola, Amen. You are welcome to my blog :)

    @Prism, LOL thanks for visiting.. Please continue to pass the message.. Men and women deserve more.

    @Adiya..you are welcome. well we have to pray before choosing friends so we dont fall in the hands of wrong people...

    @Naijamum..Thanks :) I love your blog and the proverbs lol...hehe..Well I dont call it love, its stupidity with a shade tag love :P

    @kitkat..lol that story on your blog..no comment..lol.. Thanks. I pray he stays out for good..

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time here.
    Like the narration style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW I can't believe he did that!!!

    It's is well dear...God has bigger and better things in store for you...so no worries...after a while he'll stop calling and texting...he will be FINE

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is my first time here and am enjoying the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... really a brave woman and I totally respect your boldness to end what was a very bad relationship.. A man that cannot keep confidence is bad and then coupled with anger? Oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... really a brave woman and I totally respect your boldness to end what was a very bad relationship.. A man that cannot keep confidence is bad and then coupled with anger? Oh dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your time and input xoxo