Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Gist is Here!

Hello Everyone :)

Sorry for the long silence. Happy Leap day!!! :) Welcome to my new followers :)

So what is happening? I have already broken my blog new year resolution *covers face*..I dont know what to write oh.. Someone help me out. I decided that leap day  and February wont pass me by..

LOL I know your ears are itching for The Hug gist. Lets call him Mr Hug.

We met at my friend's brother birthday dinner. I only knew my friend, her brother and sister, and 2 other people. Then Mr Hug came in with a friend. I remember turning to my friend and saying is this the guy you showed me on facebook? She said yes. I didnt look at him because I thought he liked my friend. Apparently my friend and Mr hug's closet friend liked each other and things didnt workout but I mixed it up. So I just sat there and chopped all my food afterall in obodo oyibo if someone invite you for dinner, you pay na. As I was enjoying my meal na im my friend husband started bugging me that he wants to introduce me to a 40 years old man..I was like huh? excuse me? shoo you look me finish na baba you want make bring come for my dad. So we joked about it all through the night. I didnt even pay attention to Mr Hug because as far as I was concerned he was the guy my friend liked and things didnt workout, seem quiet and was eating some weird looking pasta. Mind you, My friend and I became friends about 1+ year ago. So I havent really met people from her past. Well, after the dinner,  I asked my friend if that was the same guy she liked? she laughed and said no that it was his friend. I was like oh ok. She said oh he is single bla bla bla you know stating his credentials. I looked at him LOL and I dont remember what I said but I said abeg I cant be bothered. lol..I noticed him smiling a couple of times, weather it was at me I didnt send sha because I was sitting and standing beside my friend. While waiting for my friend's brother to bring the car, na im Mr Hug call my name ^-^ I dont even know your (his) name, and he gave me the HUG :D (I dont hug strangers plus I give side hugs to friends)..it was -20 something degrees and  I was doing fashion in that weather. So, that Hug warmed me up right away plus I didnt want to let go of him LOL. It felt like a really long hug. Ha so we just parted ways that night *-*. That same week, my friend mentioned that me and Mr Hug will make a good couple. I said uhmm hmm (mouth change sha). I didnt even know her brother had already gone to talk to Mr Hug about me. Few days later, I got a FB friend request from Mr Hug. That was how it started oh. He invited me to his friend's party and na so e start. Then one of his friend I met at the party asked me out ^-^ on facebook saying he is searching, na im Mr Hug tell me how he felt and he will like to take things step by step, no rush and he hopes I am patient. So yea.

 Hmm things are going slow and steady so far. I like what I see. He isnt perfect and I started seeing his flaws compared to the ex who seem perfect from day one. Someone once said if the man you like is perfect, then run -_- wetin una think? Neways, the flaws I see so far are things I can deal with and the good outweighs the bad. I am not perfect myself and he says its not the end of the world that things could be better. Neways we are taking things slow, hanging out and getting to know each other as friends. The good thing is we are both on the same page at least he voiced his intentions not getting mix signals plus I don't feel rushed or pressured. So far, I am being myself around him, I mean he is pretty laid back and calm while I am outgoing and the talker. So when we go out, dude is just looking at me and smiling. Kinda feels weird well because I am very shy when it comes to matters of the heart. Although he is laid back, when it comes to emotional stuff, he talks but I am shy about emotional stuff even if I am outgoing in general. Well, lets see how this goes.

Since everything started, I couldn't help but compare him to the ex. Like its so sad that I analyse every little thing. Just scared to let go and get hurt again. So, someone said instead of comparing him to my past while dont I compare him to what the bible have to say i.e. the 10 commandments. So like does he have another lady besides me? Does he take me for granted? Does he intend to keep our relationship holy and healthy? Is he sincere? Does he honour his parents? e.t.c Also I am using 1 Timothy 3 which has the characteristic of a leader. In the Midst of Her analysed it well
 http://inthemidstofher.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-criteriathe-measure-of-man-part-1.html
http://inthemidstofher.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-criteriathe-measure-of-man-part-2.html
http://inthemidstofher.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-criteriathe-measure-of-man-part-3.html

All these have helped me stop comparing him to the ex-mr and looking at him more. Also, now that we know how each other feel, my judgement isnt clouded, I see him with my head not necessarily my heart.. Thats not to say I dont miss sometimes.

Another thing that helps is that I am not talking to people about him. Everything is really low key which I am happy about and He said he is an extremely private person. We shall see. So yes I guess I like him lol and watching him like a wolf. I just dont like that we use bbm than phone convo :( Help me!!! He said he rather see me in person than talking on the phone..I like talking na :( :( :(

Vals was there oh. I was busy and Mr Hug didnt talk on time, so I carried myself somewhere else..I really dont know where things are going but I am hoping if he is the right person, things will turn out fine.

OK people thanks alot for your comments and have a wonderful week :)

21 comments:

  1. aww this is cute and I hope things work out for you tqo...The slow rate is very good so much more better than rushing into something and then regretting it later. Just have fun.


    It look like i'm not the only one that takes note from MOH's blog cause I use that 1st Timothy 3 analysis too *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting story.. and fantastic advice you got about comparison as well. Do you know what the Bible says about comparing yourself with others, in this case your ex with someone else? There's no use dear, besides he's your ex...you have put all of him behind you.

    I particularly like the idea of using the Bible as a yardstick for measurement in one's relationship... Definitely going to start using it now.
    Thanks a lot for sharing dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey , am glad this are moving slowly , that's good, it helps to slow down,i wanted to add that you should ask yourself two questions when you are feeling like maybe he is the one, 1) would i love if my son turned out like this man when he grows up,faults and all?, and am i able to hand my life over to this man 100% ( that really is what marriage is )if the thought doesn't scare you then huge plus , those are two good ways to know and most importantly ...pray like never before ..all the best dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds reaaal good. There comes a time in our lives when we have to let go of our idea of what perfect is and open our hearts. Just take your time and let God walk with you.

    Now do you see the beauty of a man laying his card on the table? You relax and are able to see things with your head not waste time second guessing. I pray he is for real. love always..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know that you guys are taking it slow. Just try to stay within God's will, He will guide you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right, never live your relationships through others. "Mr. Hugs" though? I've heard Mr. Muscle now Mr. Hugs lol, very creative name

    ReplyDelete
  7. UVG is in loveeeeeee!!!! lol- itease itease.

    Please take things slow because men can like to play along at times before they show their real color.
    May God lead you guys.

    Continue to update us on Mr Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Step in the right direction! Its ok to take things slow at this stage. But remember, do not always jump into conclusion - there's a tendency that that might happen because he doesnt talk alot. If you need to know something, ask and do not accept indirect answers!

    When this probationary/impression making season is over, you have to make it known; just so you avoid any sticky (side plate) situation.

    But right now... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! *dancing Azonto*
    i like the sound of The Hug tres muchos. I love the getting-to-know-eachother phase... Enjoy the friendship...fingers are crossed *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting! Keep us posted and hope things work out all the way to the aisle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope things work out well for you guys too, he sounds like he's a good foil for you, but all the same, please make sure you are both on the same page in the things that matter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww! I like how you're going about everything...continue to get to know him and pray...I pray that God directs you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awwwww so sweeet, wish u plenty of luck and of course God's guidance!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet and using the Word of God and your trust in Him can only lead to better things. It becomes way easier to tell whether or not this is someone you want to be with. May the Lord open your eyes and direct your path. Bless your heart

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the sound of Mr. Hug, cute name i must say... I wish you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grinning from ear to ear.... sounds interesting...

    Am waiting patiently for other interesting upcoming posts about Mr Hug... hmmmmmmm juicy...

    Have fun and keep praying about him..

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Grinning from ear to ear.... sounds interesting...

    Am waiting patiently for other interesting upcoming posts about Mr Hug... hmmmmmmm juicy...

    Have fun and keep praying about him..

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Slow is always good! Wish you all the best and doing away with the comparison is great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Comparison is a crime o,even to yourself.Just let things go the way they should,it's even better for you.Slow is good,it makes you see things clearly.Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. it's Nice to know God's word is the ultimate standard. Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very happy for you, how are things going?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your time and input xoxo