Friday, November 18, 2011

Where do all the bad people go?

Hello,
Fine fine baby, bolanle :-) random ey?.How are you fine fine people? Thanks so much for your comments, you are too sweet..I get what most of you wrote, some people just want privacy while some will learn eventually.I will act accordingly.. Moving on-----------------

One thing about me is that I like to know wonder what is going on in the mind of a convict/proclaimed bad person. Lets say, if a person is caught stealing, I always wonder how the thief feels and how much self persecution they might be going through..Thats just me, maybe thats why I keep looking for job openings in the prison.*-* Which leads to my post for today which was inspired by a blog I read today and a comment about anger being a trigger to abuse.. You know how most people say when you are in an abusive relationship, run for your life. I wonder what happens to the abuser? I mean does the abuser mention the real reason while there last relationship broke down? Are all abusers mandated to serve or are they doomed for a lifetime of loneliness? Shey every cupid arrow flying their way must be sent back to the sender? or cupid must go on vacation when they decided to change and find love again? Do they really change or the abusive actions is suppressed? I personally think they can change with God's grace and counselling etc but it will take time and lots of time which cant be done while in a relationship..

For instance, if the abuser decides to go for anger management assuming that is the root cause of their behaviour, will they still be qualified to go back into the dating realm? I wonder if people would appreciate a man/woman who tells the real reason (they were abusive) their previous relationships broke down..Or if the abuser eventually change say in ninetygbogboro years, should they cover that dark past to find love again abi they should take the risk of saying the truth and risk being lonely..Ha i guess thats one of the price you pay or is it? Personally, i think abusers mention their dark past in new relationships but in a subtle sugar coated way. My ex ones said he was talking to his ex-girlfriend and when she tried walking out on him, he held her back and next thing she flew on the bed. Uhmm that wont register in ones head right away as he pushed or hit her and she flew on the bed rather its seen as minor misunderstanding. I guess this is were educating oneself more about current topics such as domestic violence, is very important.

 Lets discuss, can you date/marry someone who tells you about their past as an abuser and steps they have taken to change over the years? Should this bad people be forever restricted from loving even after efforts to change? Should we keep running from them? Change isnt easy and it takes time..

In my opinion, why is it that men have to forgive a wife or girlfriend that shows signs of abuse but for the guys, people say run for your life? dont you think it should be the same? I mean if the lady shows those red flags, men should run or perhaps men now have the I am Jesus aka Saviour mindset that their love will change the lady.. Ha this whole love thing, people have plenty interpretation oh..

I shall always maintain my stand, if your relationship is beginning to look like an atilogu or new masquerade dance competition, you better find your levels..Its not love its stupidness..

I dont believe anyone should wait around for an abuser to change. Just maybe and maybe your departure might make them see the light who knows? Ha, that doesnt mean you should go back or does it? is there still hope? As for me, the past must stay in the past including every ex that treated me as crap but in another person's life, they can be a future just not mine.abi I  lie?

Have a wonderful weekend :-)

16 comments:

  1. Smh@"he held her back and next thing she flew on the bed".
    I see red flags, i flee#shikena. I no wan die just cos i want 2b Mrs Sombody. Once bitten, a million times shy

    ReplyDelete
  2. She flew ..really? ha o ga o..for me its easier to forgive a woman, because ...she really does not have society backing her actions unlike me that beat their wives,it a taboo, a man is still the head, and the a marriage should still be run by him and lastly i don't think its possible for a woman to beat a man to death except she was a she-yokosuna or something..that being said, if you abuse me once..you will do it again, you can't even control yourself knowing i am not yet your wife?...that's a glaring red flag..i walk and no looking back too and to answer your question people don't change easily, it takes the power of God and marrying people like that is a risk, one i am unwilling to take..abut unfortunately abusers will always find someone to marry them cause there will always be a new mugu in town..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being abusive is a conscious act that gets used to the abuser and eventually turns him into an addicted abuser.If they are changing though,they should be given a second chance.That's the way i see it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abusive people scare me like crazy but am learning to forgive them sometimes. Girl you are strong o to look for prison jobs, me I always wondered how they felt...Abuse is just wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thts a big question. How do you know if the person has truly changed though. It's scary sha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abusive relationships (verbal and physical) are becoming more prevalent in these present times. If not for the news I would have maintained that they never existed.

    Thing is, there are always tell-tale signs of an abuser. I won't advice my enemy to get married to one. Forgive them nonetheless but just keep your distance o. Abeg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't say that an abusive person doesn't deserve love (especially if they have turned over a new leaf) but they won't be getting it from me (or at least i hope i don't find myself in that situation).

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Holy Books all say that" to err is human" so that tells me that even an abuser has hope provided he is willing to accept that and change his abusive nature. The American prison system hopes to reform and rehabilitate convicts but in Nigeria, the aim is to punish convicts which is counter-productive in that the convicted person gets a sense of "me against the World" and continues being a deviant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting. Can't think of a solid excuse to be with an abuser

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel you. Staying is stupidity. Some people stay because they believe they can change the person. You clean a pig and wear it designer clothes. At the end of the day it's still a pig lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel you. Some people cannot change. If you clean up a pig, buy it designer clothes. At the end of the day, it's still a pig lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In my opinion, I believe everyone at some point in life has had bad qualities about them. Some people recognize these flaws and change for the better.

    I personally would not date a man who has previously abused someone irrespective of whether he has changed or not. Thats just my preference.


    Mally
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Toinlicious- i know ey..Lord help us oh. Thanks for stopping by

    @Jemima LOL @ new mugu in town..hahah..Well its sad but I still think its unfair letting an abusive woman free rain just because..thanks for stopping

    @ 9ja Great-hmm I didnt really see it that way but yea thats right, if they dont make attempt to tame such behaviour it start control them..I guess it all starts with the mind.Thanks for stopping :)

    @YNC- lol at forgive them sometimes..yea they are scary cos you just wonder if the mindset has truly changed or the act was just stopped just because...its one thing to stop its another thing to have a changed mindset which can lead to permanent change..Thanks for stopping by..

    @Stelzz- I guess you know true the mindset..it all starts with knowing there opinion on abuse..Thanks for stopping by

    @Micheal Onobote- I know, atleast with the news people are becoming aware..i know, arms lenght i guess..thanks for stopping by..

    @LadyNgo- LOL at not getting it from you..lol. ok but how do u even know they have changed? lol..Thanks for stopping by...

    @ G.M aka Da Injurer- very very true, but are people willing to accept change? its one thing to have the resources while its another thing to be and remain motivated..I watched a documentary and American lady said she continues to commit crime because the prison offers her everything the community doesnt..so not all seem right even when governement wants to help, does society want to? Thanks for stopping by

    @Cake and sock- you are welcome..I know but jemima says, there are mugus in town..sometimes some people are not aware they are in an abusive relationship..

    @BSNC- LOOOL @ pig..hahahhaha..Why give pearls to a pig ey? thanks for visiting..

    @ SincerelyMally- Thanks for visiting..yea i know, same here,its just difficult.But how do you know the next man is not hiding his past from you? You only know a person according to what they choose to reveal to you..Above all, we can only rely on God for grace and direction.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is a very key topic and it got me thinking not just about abusers but about other things.

    For instance, would people marry someone that were once rapists, drug dealer, thief, terrorists?

    Personally, I think this world is interesting and people that carry out bad acts or wrong doings can CHANGE and be better through recognizing their demons (i.e.faults) and working on it and the grace of God is awesome because it allows the person to not only face the demons but to learn to forgive themselves.

    I say this, because its one thing to be clean from acts that are unlawful, it is another thing to actually forgive yourself and accept that you are changed person. The other one is HARDER. Once a person i.e. an abuser faces up to the issues and change, their demons will not leave just like that.This is because once you know and are convicted you have carried out HORRIBLE THINGS, condemnation SETS in BIGGER AND POWERFUL. Although sometimes the state can help, doctors can help, psychologists, rehab,therapists etc can help the person to clean up their acts. They cant help the person to undo their mistakes or go back in time.

    This is where I believe the grace of God comes in. He will not only help the person to rediscover purpose but will help them (if they are willing). God can go back to the past and begin to make things right. GRACE OF GOD is the only thing I believe, can truly manifest an everlasting change and forgiveness.

    P.S. I believe I have gone in a different direction.lol. apologies for the long comment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some people change, some do not....but the best decision is to pick race and run as fast as you can from an abuser. I know it is better said that done, but me as a person, I cannot wait oh.

    Funny enough, abusers get relationships easily. I don't know how you will know a man is an abuser and you enter relationship with him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Abusers deserve to be loved, yes. How can you tell that they have changed and not just pretending?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your time and input xoxo