Hello everyone and welcome :-),
Thanks for your wonderful comment from my previous post. :) I have something to share today. It was more like a revelation from God i like to think.
So I was thinking, why is it so hard for me to forgive and let go even after praying daily and claiming I have? So, something said to me, remember how the bible says when you pray you should believe? well its the same. When you pray and claim to let go of past hurts, you must believe that God has taken control. This is done by rebuking every evil or bitter thought that comes to your mind consigning that situation. This is because if you give attention to those thoughts, you give it more power over your mind and that's how the devil keeps you in bondage thus making you pray about the same thing everyday. Therefore, all you need to do is ask God for His grace to forgive and let go then when thoughts of that incident comes to make you bitter and angry immediately attack it with the word of God by rebuking it and casting to the obedience of Christ. I tell you, this has been working for me so far. Thats one way of letting go.
Another thing is that its okay to have made mistakes, now its time to forgive myself. Also, I must stop dwelling on the "what if" i did it this way or that way maybe things wouldn't have turned out this way. This is because I will never know the outcome of the "what if". So, I must leave it to the one (God) who knows all the "what if" and let Him lead me into the future and trust that He know what He is doing. Also, now that you know, pray that the next time God gives you another opportunity (e.g. a good man/woman, job e.t.c), I will spend my time loving God so much because its only in loving God that I can love the man or job He has given me. Like the saying goes, a man that loves you more than God is not worth being with because its the love of God that stop we humans from doing evil to one another.
Well I hope this was helpful as this has been helpful to me..Have a wonderful and please keep my family in prayers as we lost 2 loved ones in 1 month, my aunt a week to my exam and my grandma 2 weeks after..
Alright people..Take care and make sure you have a wonderful week..:) Give your heart to God and let your eyes observe His waysProv 23:26
Thanks for your wonderful comment from my previous post. :) I have something to share today. It was more like a revelation from God i like to think.
Another thing is that its okay to have made mistakes, now its time to forgive myself. Also, I must stop dwelling on the "what if" i did it this way or that way maybe things wouldn't have turned out this way. This is because I will never know the outcome of the "what if". So, I must leave it to the one (God) who knows all the "what if" and let Him lead me into the future and trust that He know what He is doing. Also, now that you know, pray that the next time God gives you another opportunity (e.g. a good man/woman, job e.t.c), I will spend my time loving God so much because its only in loving God that I can love the man or job He has given me. Like the saying goes, a man that loves you more than God is not worth being with because its the love of God that stop we humans from doing evil to one another.
Well I hope this was helpful as this has been helpful to me..Have a wonderful and please keep my family in prayers as we lost 2 loved ones in 1 month, my aunt a week to my exam and my grandma 2 weeks after..
Alright people..Take care and make sure you have a wonderful week..:) Give your heart to God and let your eyes observe His waysProv 23:26
Letting go is not easy at all like you rightly pointed out, it takes a very willing heart and God's help.
ReplyDeleteEh yah! Accept my condolence for your loss.
Totally relevant. How amazing that both of our recent posts are similar. The way to move forward in all areas of our lives is definitely to make our thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ. Thanks for this post. And may God give your family the peace that passes all human understanding.
ReplyDeleteyou're so right. thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing...makes sense!
ReplyDeleteGod is working on u!!!
I pray that the Lord will comfort you and your family and satisfy you all with long life!
My condolences to you and your family. I pray God helps you all past this time. And thanks for the great post.
ReplyDeleteSad to hear about your loss. My condolences to you & yours.
ReplyDeleteMay God hear your prayers and be with you through this difficult time and always.
May God comfort you and your family in this period.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. Sometimes we struggle to forgive ourselves...#true
RE:'So I was thinking, why is it so hard for me to forgive and let go even after praying daily and claiming I have?'.............because YOU ARE HUMAN!!!
ReplyDeleteThere is always one flaw or the other that makes us realise that we are not God and will never be.
Dont be so hard on yourself. take it one day at a time and make a conscious effort to think good thoughts about the person who offended you i.e. whenever a negative thought comes into your head about him....make a conscious decision and say 'I bless him and I thank God I am young enough to learn'
Seriously, it worked for me
Re: Your family...I pray for y'all. Sometimes, trials and tribulations can be overwhelming but believe me, that's how conquerors are born
Stay blessed!!!!
You just touched a situation common to all. Sometimes I could have sworn I forgave, only for a situation to pop up the real thoughts. Forgiveness is of God.He is the one who can administer it effectively through us.
ReplyDeleteIn cases where I find myself 'wanting to forgive' but finding it hard, I just ask for help from the Holy Spirit. Then, pray for that person who might have hurt you. It always works!
I pray God's hand of protection upon your family. Affliction shall not rise a second time in Jesus name! Take charge.
These bad things happened to you because I intend to work it together for your good (Romans 8).
ReplyDeleteThese happened so that you would rely more on God who raises the dead (2 Corinthians 1).
This happened so that the gold and silver of your faith would be refined (1 Peter 1).
This thorn is so that the power of Christ would be magnified in your weakness (2 Corinthians 12).
God cannot make plain all he is doing, because there are millions and millions and millions and millions of effects of every event in our lives, the good and the bad. God guides them all. They all have micro purposes and macro purposes. He cannot tell us all of them because our brains can’t hold all of them.
Trust does not demand more than God has told us. And he has given us immeasurably precious promises that he is in control of all things and only does good to his children. And he has given us a very thick book where we can read story after story after story about how he rules for the good of his people.
@MsJb thanks :-)
ReplyDelete@Jaycee Thanks..i know ey :-)..You are welcome..My young adult pastor says when you have thoughts, measure it and see if it exalts God or not..
@Stelzz.thanks for reading and you are welcome..
@Think-About it..Thanks :-)
@H Thanks lady :-) and you are welcome..first thing is to recognize and acknowledge the problem before attempting to deal with it..
@NIL..so much wisdom from your words..Thanks alot..without problems in life we will never know that there is a God..:)..Thanks for the tip :-)..:) Amen and you too
@*Michael Amen and amen..remain bless
@Anonymous, I will really like to know who you are..You just wowed me..I dont know what to say but THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND ENCOURAGING ME..you are blessed :-)..so much wise words..