Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cleaning a (wo)man's house

Hello Everyone,

How are things? I have been relaxing so far :-)..I hope your week is going well.. I know I am suppose to do the 10 random things about me..I will do so later.

So my discussion for today is when do you clean a guy's house. People say you clean your bf's house if you visit, and if you are married woman you berra be cleaning the house you and your hubby is staying vice versa.. Alright, so my question is when is it okay to clean a man's house? I was talking to a guy friend, and he said a friend came over to visit and she cleaned up the house and cooked. So he asked will I clean a male friend house or is it just limited to my bf or hubby?

Well my response was, I do not feel obligated to (i dont remember my exact response) because when I visit my girlfriends I dont clean their house just cook and eat. So, I would probably do the same with my guy friend.

So I throw the same question to everyone. I want to know your opinions :-)

P.s Its been fun reading the 7/10 random things about bloggers

P.s.s All of you that didnt comment on my last post, well done, so because I tagged you, you ditched me ba? ok (snaps finger in your face, rolls eyes, shakes butt and walks away)...lol.jk...

P.s.s.s Thank to everyone who commented the last time and those who read but comment in their mind ;) ...kissess

15 comments:

  1. I only clean my own mess...the end! Why on earth would i clean a friends house other than to help them as they are doing their own cleaning? Even a BF? I don't think so at all. If not for the fact that the husband and I will share a house, i wouldn't clean his mess either lol. Nothing is wrong with these peoples hands.

    LMAO @ "shakes butt and walks away"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The question again.
    ...will you (as a guy) allow a babe (female friend) clean your house?

    No, why should i?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think its not a bad idea to help a friend/bf while they are cleaning too...its just common some how for guys to think its a ladies job...and so any time the babe is around the guys believe its her duty to clean... *shrugs* I help my bf with his crib when I'm sleeping over any weekend while i make sure he is attending to some other things too ooo. not me cleaning his shit and him dozing ...

    new here and following

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Unveiling Gold

    My sister I will never advice to clean a male's house except it's your boyfriend that wants to marry you. Don't go further being the nice girl cleaning up his place, men think crazy and he might think you want more as in if the lady in particular is single.

    Come as you are doing, eat and say bye. The cleaning part is not your responsibility. If they want to complain of their dirty place to your ears, make them complain as long as he's not a spouse or boyfriend. You get the gist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would the guy help me clean my house if it is messy and he comes visiting? Heck no. I never cleaned my husband's house even as a girlfriend. I never saw the need to * not that i didn't meet a mess o*. I am nobody's maid abeg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In as much as my hands like to clean ehhh, I would not clean my boyfriends house oh or any other male friend. If I clean his mess who would clean my own?
    If I get into the messy house, me, I'd just laugh at the mess, yab the owner, enter inside and sit down. If the house is too dirty then I'd bid my farewell, we'd meet on the other side.
    Abi the boy no dey shame, on my way to his house, e supposed don clean dey wait for me sef...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't clean for my boyfriend or fiance or whoever. i have enough work to do in my father's house as it is

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol...I dont go about cleaning boys houses o...but I do clearly remember cleaning one night I stayed over @ my boyfriends's. In actuality, we both cleaned up. It really isnt clear cut cos it depends on the relationship you have with the said person....*shrug*
    I dont know o jare....Me that I am too lazy to clean my father's house sef...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd just clean up after myself. If the place is a dump, I likely won't hang out there much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have hands that like to clean ala Coy Introvet but I give try to chain them to my side in a guy's house o. my mama raised no maid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lady Ngo has spoken my mind
    I even have limits with my hubby and kids i.e. if they leave their socks on the floor, they are likely to meet them there.
    'Mum' and 'maid' and 'wife' are all different words

    ReplyDelete
  12. @LadyNgo- LOL @ these peoples hands..you are tough oh..I get you with helping but it shouldnt be an obligation as per good girl..make sense..

    @Rethots..Thanks for stopping by..Well I guess some guys thinks it shows the lady is well trained..

    @Travel bluff- LOL @ dozing off..yea I get you, cos if you keep doing it, it becomes an expectation and balancing it out makes much sense. But why should the house be cleaned when the chick/guy is around? why not before or after? :P ..if its the kitchen ok fine cos I cant cook in a messy kitchen. Thanks for stopping by :)

    @YNC Lol you dey vex o. So I'm guessing you mean clean only if engaged? Oh and you are spot on about cleaning a guy friend house as a single lady..I have seen something weird like that..dude be thinking you are feeling him when you are just helping as per friends.. lesson learnt! Yes Ma!!! i get the gist lol :)

    @Okeoghene- LOL hahaha see question oh..lol hahaha..No use shame chop winch, if you dont feel it then you shouldnt do it..:-) thanks for stopping..

    @Coy- una dey vex for here oh..who will clean your mess ei? lol haha @ laugh, yab, enter and sit..you harsh oh..lol..LOOOOOOOL maybe the guy feels so comfortable and think you no go mind na..lol..some people are weird like that..

    @Doll..When are you going to update your blog na? I want updates jare... lol @ father's house..:) not even once in a while? thanks for stopping by :)

    @HoneyDame..LOL LOL...I think helping them as in doing it together makes more sense than just cleaning as if na you get the place..

    @La Reine...lol smart move..run and make sure you dont eat there either, just maybe the food was spiced up by flies..who knows? just saying.

    @Ginger..Abeg drop your bloglink, its saying your blog isnt available and I dont get any news feed. ...LOL @ chain them..una do well lol

    @ NIL....Wow look who we have here? Welcome back to my space, I thought you ranaway from me..:)...You are one serious mama..lol 3 in 1? or 3 in 3 ..

    @ Everyone..Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Ginger...I found it again...:-) I will look out for an update if I get the feed

    ReplyDelete
  14. GBAM @ doll's statement. I agree totally.As it is, i barely have time to rest in my papa house, so if i come over, i need to rest jor. ;-)


    naijabankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even now i dont clean up after my husband.... maintaining the other parts of the house is hard enough as it is...

    Maybe if he showed me more appreciation i wont mind doing it sha ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your time and input xoxo