Hi everyone,
Merry Christmas and Happy New year in advance.I hope you are all enjoying the season.
News 1: My laptop gave up the ghost sometime back, so no blogging and commenting till further notice. My phone is hanging on for its dear life too but it doesnt bother me anymore jare. Here is to getting a wonderful job to pay for a new laptop and cell phone! I MISSS BLOGGsssVILlle..I kinda feel lost, i dunno what is happening with everyone on blogsville.
News 2: I got a Christmas card from GNG (good naija girl)..Thanks alot and I loved it so so much :)
News 3: I had an interesting Christmas *-* I have heard about "arangee" marriage but I didnt expect to be the next target. I met a Nigerian woman when I was at the hospital during one of my school placements. She took interest in me and we kept in touch. She invited me for an Easter celebration with her family, I went with a friend. Had a nice time meeting every family member except the son. The woman insisted I come spend Christmas last year but I avoided her because my sources told me she was up to something. Late this year I said let me call her because it was almost a year since we talked. I called her, we spoke a little and then she asked if I had a boyfriend because she wants to marry me? -_-, I was like ey? it was just random. She told me her intentions for her son and stuff like that.. Like play like play this lady spoke to my aunt and told her intentions. I started taking her serious sha. So me and my aunt we started prepping na, from my friend telling me not to smile African smile aka showing your whole teeth when smiling. I was warned not to over eat, infact eat before going there. My hair was onpoint, christmas gift for the family was bought, my cloth was onpoint as in not tight but fitted. Neways sha, Christmas day reach oh, after church, I went to the place...Lo and behold, I met the guy, he was goodlooking, educated blabla. The main thing is that, other guys were hitting on me but the main bobo didnt even send me ^-^ Ye kpa! I was like huh? I sha mellowed, cos me I was acting classy oh as planned mchew..The guy didnt even look at me or had the courtesy to come talk to me or the other girls for visiting.The mom told me he is a quiet guy. By this time, I was messaging my friend and wondering if the momsi didnt tell him watsup..
It was getting late and I wanted to leave oh. His mom said she wants to officially introduce me to the bobo. I am like ha ok na. She called both of us into a room and she said, K meet UG, she is a nurse blabla..I am like ey, okay oh, then she goes, get to know each other, maybe getting married but I am not saying immediately, say in 2 years time. I will give both of you each others number so you can start talking blabla. By the time she started the marriage thing, my head was down, my hands covering my face and my hair in my face..Someone say EMBARRASSED!!!!!!!! ye kpa!!, in my head I was like wetin this mama they do oh!I didnt even hear the remaining part of her introduction and she was very serious oh. The son was like ok mom ok mom (in his oyibo accent). After everything, I couldnt even stand up, even the bobo seem to face else where when he walks pass me..lol..ha well sha..That was my Christmas oh. No, the bobo didnt call and I didnt call oh. When I spoke to the mom few days later to thank her, she gave the narration of where her son his and everything and said I should call him.
I really like the family, they are so so down to earth and humble. In as much as I wished the guy was interested, I cant go calling him and things like that. Ha well. Oh I asked the mom if the guy had a gf, she said not anymore. She said he was dating a Chinese chic but broke up recently cos babe was complaining she didnt feel integrated into the family and they were having some problems oh. She was like that was his first relationship and the guy seemed shy when he introduce ha. He introduces her as his friend. Well na so I see am sha. If it amounts to anything in 2012, I will sure update my blog family..
Here is to thanking God for his lovingkindness and awesomeness. I am nothing without him.
Here is to Blogsville, I love you guys and you all have been awesome, I started blogging when I was heart broken and you all stood by me. Its been fun in this space, I look forward to more awesomeness from you all and myself this coming year..
P.s. If I dont comment or update, just know I am yet to get a laptop. I am trying to get my laptop fixed for cheap if not, I will have to wait for a job. Be rest assured I will keep you all posted and try to update..
Welcome back to @ilola and Honeydame. I missed you all..Bye to Ibade and Kitkat, it was fun in 2011 while it lasted..
See y'all in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It looks very very promising !:)
Merry Christmas and Happy New year in advance.I hope you are all enjoying the season.
News 1: My laptop gave up the ghost sometime back, so no blogging and commenting till further notice. My phone is hanging on for its dear life too but it doesnt bother me anymore jare. Here is to getting a wonderful job to pay for a new laptop and cell phone! I MISSS BLOGGsssVILlle..I kinda feel lost, i dunno what is happening with everyone on blogsville.
News 2: I got a Christmas card from GNG (good naija girl)..Thanks alot and I loved it so so much :)
News 3: I had an interesting Christmas *-* I have heard about "arangee" marriage but I didnt expect to be the next target. I met a Nigerian woman when I was at the hospital during one of my school placements. She took interest in me and we kept in touch. She invited me for an Easter celebration with her family, I went with a friend. Had a nice time meeting every family member except the son. The woman insisted I come spend Christmas last year but I avoided her because my sources told me she was up to something. Late this year I said let me call her because it was almost a year since we talked. I called her, we spoke a little and then she asked if I had a boyfriend because she wants to marry me? -_-, I was like ey? it was just random. She told me her intentions for her son and stuff like that.. Like play like play this lady spoke to my aunt and told her intentions. I started taking her serious sha. So me and my aunt we started prepping na, from my friend telling me not to smile African smile aka showing your whole teeth when smiling. I was warned not to over eat, infact eat before going there. My hair was onpoint, christmas gift for the family was bought, my cloth was onpoint as in not tight but fitted. Neways sha, Christmas day reach oh, after church, I went to the place...Lo and behold, I met the guy, he was goodlooking, educated blabla. The main thing is that, other guys were hitting on me but the main bobo didnt even send me ^-^ Ye kpa! I was like huh? I sha mellowed, cos me I was acting classy oh as planned mchew..The guy didnt even look at me or had the courtesy to come talk to me or the other girls for visiting.The mom told me he is a quiet guy. By this time, I was messaging my friend and wondering if the momsi didnt tell him watsup..
It was getting late and I wanted to leave oh. His mom said she wants to officially introduce me to the bobo. I am like ha ok na. She called both of us into a room and she said, K meet UG, she is a nurse blabla..I am like ey, okay oh, then she goes, get to know each other, maybe getting married but I am not saying immediately, say in 2 years time. I will give both of you each others number so you can start talking blabla. By the time she started the marriage thing, my head was down, my hands covering my face and my hair in my face..Someone say EMBARRASSED!!!!!!!! ye kpa!!, in my head I was like wetin this mama they do oh!I didnt even hear the remaining part of her introduction and she was very serious oh. The son was like ok mom ok mom (in his oyibo accent). After everything, I couldnt even stand up, even the bobo seem to face else where when he walks pass me..lol..ha well sha..That was my Christmas oh. No, the bobo didnt call and I didnt call oh. When I spoke to the mom few days later to thank her, she gave the narration of where her son his and everything and said I should call him.
I really like the family, they are so so down to earth and humble. In as much as I wished the guy was interested, I cant go calling him and things like that. Ha well. Oh I asked the mom if the guy had a gf, she said not anymore. She said he was dating a Chinese chic but broke up recently cos babe was complaining she didnt feel integrated into the family and they were having some problems oh. She was like that was his first relationship and the guy seemed shy when he introduce ha. He introduces her as his friend. Well na so I see am sha. If it amounts to anything in 2012, I will sure update my blog family..
Here is to thanking God for his lovingkindness and awesomeness. I am nothing without him.
Here is to Blogsville, I love you guys and you all have been awesome, I started blogging when I was heart broken and you all stood by me. Its been fun in this space, I look forward to more awesomeness from you all and myself this coming year..
P.s. If I dont comment or update, just know I am yet to get a laptop. I am trying to get my laptop fixed for cheap if not, I will have to wait for a job. Be rest assured I will keep you all posted and try to update..
Welcome back to @ilola and Honeydame. I missed you all..Bye to Ibade and Kitkat, it was fun in 2011 while it lasted..
See y'all in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It looks very very promising !:)
Your story really made me laugh
ReplyDeleteMaybe the bobo is shy
I wish you a blessed 2012
xxxx
LMAO at the phrase "my laptop gave up the ghost"
ReplyDeleteYou never know what can happen if u do call the guy first ;)
Happy New Year and *good vibes* for finding a good paying job to replace the dead laptop
A loud Amen to your prayers for a fantastic job. Your *arrangee* story had me in stitches. I can just imagine how embarrassed you must have been when his mum was doing the introduction. LOL. It might work out eventually, but if I were in your shoes,I wouldn't be the one to call the guy and do any form of chasing. Have a fabulous 2012.
ReplyDeletelol...na really arangee gone wrong. Let us know if anything happens. It would be nice if he at least calls, then u can take if from there. If he doesn't call, don't bother yourself. Happy New Year, dearie. Don't forget me when you start making the big bucks o!
ReplyDeleteAwwww, thanks. So you know I am back, abi? Cool
ReplyDeleteI am really crossing my fingers for you o. Lets give the guy the benefit of doubt and say he is shy. But he must learn to pursue if he wants something.
The evidence of desire is pursuit and he must learn to hunt you down and stop doing 'sme sme'.
We won't vex if you don't comment, just try to read our comments, lol.
Aha! I knew something was wrong. Silly laptop better arrange yourself and wake up to 2012.
ReplyDeleteYour arrangee story is making me lol. Maybe he is shy but still, I feel you should let him call you first. See we females are strange...if you take the first move, you will always feel like you were the chaser (that's me shaa).
Happy hunting - Job/laptop repairer/husband - in 2012 :)
Amen to your prayer o. abeg job should come quick.
ReplyDeletei hope the guy is shy o cos i want to read juicy gists when you both hook up.lol. but seriously i dont think you should make the first move since he didn't even make a move at all. Hopefully he'l wake up from his 'shyness'.
happy new year. I pray 2012 brings with it all the things you have desired and even more. have a great year
Happy New year, pray you get a good job...that bobo might still be in love with his chinco, that one na no go area. All the best in 2012
ReplyDeleteHappy new year dearie.
ReplyDeleterotfl @ ur story, pele...its one of those things, but, please don't call him if he doesn't call you. (my opinion) but as a normal guy, you are introduced to a girl, its expected that you take it up from there.
laugh wan kill me die. I really wish the guy would call you. Happy new year to you and have a great year honey!
ReplyDeleteMumsy is really serious oh, but hey, continue to be classy jor, if he cant talk then his loss.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year.
hmm...funny story.
ReplyDeleteDude is shy, yes but for how long.Calling him first might set the ball rolling but it won't be nice if you're the one showing green light alone. weird actually.
(You seem to like him) ;-)
I am already praying that the guy calls you first o so at least you will know if it will work or not. Happy New Year
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! I appreciated that you let me know once you received the card too :)
ReplyDeleteI'm very interested to see how your story turns out...a good friend of mine emailed you her story so you know what could happen! ;)
Happy New year to you. is there still hope for this your arrangee? LOL...
ReplyDeleteLol...dude is not shy,he's still dating chinese chic on the side. He didn't even throw you a look? Haba! You're unveiling gold...men beg you not the other way round. God has bing things ahead of you jare..No shaking!
ReplyDeleteWhere av i been? *looking around*
ReplyDeleteRaising my glass of berry blast to that toast of good paying job.
Still lmao @ ur story. Pls keep us updated anyways and how about the other guys hitting on u @d parry? any hopefuls? #wink
I see your footsteps around blogsville so i know you are alright.
ReplyDeleteGuess 'someone' if not 'something' is keeping us too busy to update :p
Hey love,
ReplyDeleteHappy New YEAR(many more blessings and favours)..
Abeg I enjoyed the story very well.. infact it sounds as if I almost know the dude you are talking about sef. That becos I used to know one ibo guy that has an older bro that was dating a chinese chic...lol..but this might total strangers sha.
He will call, his mum will talk to him and he will eventually call out of pleasing his mum call you(he might find that it worked in his favour)... YAY..
Well at least I hope he does.... I want gist lol....
I know you will get a good job soon and sort out ur lappi asap ohh..
Thanks for sharing..
as always I leave with a smile on my face after reading your blog. Thanks for your visit on mine.
xxxx
Hey love,
ReplyDeleteHappy New YEAR(many more blessings and favours)..
Abeg I enjoyed the story very well.. infact it sounds as if I almost know the dude you are talking about sef. That becos I used to know one ibo guy that has an older bro that was dating a chinese chic...lol..but this might total strangers sha.
He will call, his mum will talk to him and he will eventually call out of pleasing his mum call you(he might find that it worked in his favour)... YAY..
Well at least I hope he does.... I want gist lol....
I know you will get a good job soon and sort out ur lappi asap ohh..
Thanks for sharing..
as always I leave with a smile on my face after reading your blog. Thanks for your visit on mine.
xxxx